Benefits of Scale
As an independent, fee-only advisory firm, Kyle Financial Services, Inc. offers a level of objectivity and flexibility not found in large brokerages, banks or trust companies while leveraging key relationships to capitalize on resources and economies of scale. We have selected Charles Schwab & Co. Inc. (“Schwab”) as custodian of choice for our investment advisory clients. While we remain independent of Schwab,
our relationship with Schwab affords significant resources and economies of scale:
- Schwab is a behemoth in the industry, dominating the registered-investment-advisory custody marketplace with more than $2.4 trillion in total assets, including more than $1.1 trillion in independent advisor assets.
- Schwab’s mutual fund platform is the envy of the industry, offering access to an open architecture of more than 15,000 mutual funds, of which 11,700 trade at no transaction cost. Clients of Schwab Institutional receive access to world-class institutional fund managers at discounted expense ratios and reduced investment minimums, many offered at no transaction cost.
- While we believe that mutual funds and exchange-traded funds (ETFs) offer greater tax efficiency and lower ongoing transaction costs than Separately-Managed Accounts (SMAs), Schwab offers the third largest SMA platform in the industry.
- Schwab provides significant investment research tools including research and alerts on individual securities, market and economic commentaries (Liz Ann Sonders, Schwab’s Chief Investment Strategist), monthly political and economic commentaries (Greg Valliere, Chief Political Strategist, Potomac Research Group), and webcasts on various investment and tax topics.
- Schwab leverages its custody relationships with almost 7,000 independent advisors to identify industry best practices, provide helpful benchmarking data and produce useful practice management tools for advisors.
Regardless of the scale of the organization that you employ, in practice you are generally served by a small team of advisors within that organization. While many large brokerage firms, banks and trust companies tout their large size, the independent advisors of Kyle Financial Services, Inc. do not take marching orders from a large corporate body. As such, we offer objectivity and flexibility not found in large firms while capitalizing on the resources and economies of scale afforded by Schwab and other industry leaders.